Why Coach for the Perth United Soccer Club?
HOUSE LEAGUE and RECREATIONAL Activity Leaders
..it takes a village to raise a child!
– contribute to the development of young athletes
– community hours for university students
– teamwork, camaraderie and support of other parents
– involvement in the organization
– coaching courses reimbursed upon completion and certification (must provide receipt)
– coaches information night for drill and practice plan ideas, pizza & refreshments provided
– coaches shirt
– year end BBQ
– optional $30 discount for any future PUSC registration.
Coaches are reimbursed for the above online courses once completed, so please keep your receipt and certificate.
-Any level of coaching certification within Soccer Canada (Active Start, Fundamentals, Learn to Train, Soccer for Life)
–Search for a Soccer Course
|Soccer Canada Resources|
COMPETITIVE COACHING CERTIFICATION (For ERSL/OCSL coaches)
OSA’s Coaching Certification Requirements for 2017
– Vulnerable Sector Check (current within 3 years)
– Coaching Certificate for Age Group
– Respect in Soccer
– Making Ethical Decisions
– Making Headway
(See sections below, for ways to sign up for the required courses)
As of the 2014 season the OSA (Ontario Soccer Association) mandated minimum coaching requirements for competitive soccer, and all coaches were to have the requirements met by 2017. All course costs will be reimbursed by the Perth United Soccer Club.
Coaching Certificate for Age Group
Basically there are three levels of community coach training that follow the developmental stage of the athlete.
1. Fundamentals (1 day course for U6-8)
2. Learn to Train (2 day course for U9-12)
3. Soccer for Life (2 day course for U13-U18).
These course schedules for all of Ontario can be accessed at:
You must register on the site before you can sign up for a course. If a course is full check back periodically as there are cancellations and new courses being added.
Respect in Soccer for Activity Leaders
In addition to the sport specific training above everyone needs to complete an anti-bullying course called Respect in Soccer for Activity Leaders and Parents. This is an online course and will take approximately three hours to complete though it does not need to be done all at once.
If there is a cost to complete, keep your receipt for reimbursement by PUSC and your certificate of completion.
Making Ethical Decisions Training.
It is approximately three hours and can be completed in class, through distance education teleconference and hopefully soon online. After completing the course you must do a brief online evaluation.
The course calendar can be reached at:
Making Headway is a free online course that dives into awareness of concussions in the sport of Soccer. An excellent resource for any level of soccer, and mandatory for competitive coaches.
OPTIONAL Coaching Courses to enhance your Coaching Skills for your Soccer Community
–Aboriginal Coaching Modules
If you have indigenous youth on your team, this is great insight into meshing culture with sport for everyone on the team!
– New “C” License Course
– Fitness Trainer (Soccer Specific)
– Goalkeeping Diploma
– Provincial B License Course
– Technical Director Diploma
–Keeping Girls in Sport